The Sales Engineer is responsible for collaborating with the global aventri sales team and prospective clients to provide technical expertise and drive the successful close of key business opportunities. The ideal candidate for this role will combine technical savvy and product expertise with well-honed sales and presentation skills.
- Facilitate discovery meetings with key prospective clients and document client needs.
- Create and deliver product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Provide technical guidance during the sales process (including, but not limited to: Product configuration, APIs and integration with third party systems, solution migration, etc.)
- Present proposals and hold prospective client meetings with Sales Directors, with a focus on technical functionality of aventri.
- Complete RFPs/RFIs for prospective clients.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings.
- Determine prospective client technology requirement trends to help in planning and building best practice sales proposals.
- Utilize practical knowledge gained in prospective client discussions to help steer and guide the product evolution and roadmap
- Responsible for knowledge-sharing and technical training of internal sales team to enhance sales team expertise.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for team members to ensure they meet the minimum requirements of the Sales Certification program
- Participate in training, networking and other sessions for clients and internal/external stakeholders.
- Create and deliver product presentations to public webinar and in-person event audiences
- Assist in build of sales tools and proposal templates.
- Experience/Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in technology, or technology sales inclusive of SaaS, cloud-based products.
- Experience in and understanding of the meeting and events industry strongly desired
- Must have strong technical, customer facing and presentation skills.
- Must be able to quickly build credibility amongst team members, and prospective clients.
- Ability to understand “middleman” role between delivery and sales (with focus on closing business regarding messaging, approach, differentiators)
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS), either through work within the industry or consulting to the industry.
- Strong background in Cloud Computing solutions – cloud computing strategy, implementation and management, systems design, hosting infrastructure and security.
- Strong scoping & estimation skills.
- Familiarity with multiple implementation standards and integration tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such a Business, Marketing, or Computer Science/Engineering is preferred.